dinsdag 10 februari 2009

Skateboard sesh!

Yesterday I went skating at this park in the Musashino district. It took me a while to find the park from station, since this guy who I asked where it was send me completely the wrong way.

After an hour I found the park, it was located in this huge sports center, with a pool, track n field course, football pitches...and of course, the 'street sports' spot.
I had to wear a helmet tho, which I HATE, but it was a pretty cool course. I met up with Jani, from the Almost Famous store and his buddies. Man, Jani fuckin ripped! Super consistent, nollie tre flips in the bank, killed the rail on the pyramid with back lips, smith grinds etc.

Here's a video impression of the park, with Jani doing a lil' run in the transitions:



I hadn't skated for like 3, 4 months, so I was a little rusty, but I had a brand new Light board set up, and after a while I started feeling it again, dropping my basic arsenal of tricks, like tre flips in the bank, kickflips over the hip and backside boardslides and nose and 5-0 grinds. I had a really good time fo sho!

Me and Jani



My set-up and helmet



FYI!



And a shameless plug for Light Skateboards! My Amsterdam people started this company last year, and the boards are manufactured at Watson, where they also do DGK and Western Edition. The product is poppin!!!! Check out their video ad:

Geen opmerkingen: