zaterdag 20 februari 2010

club review: 'Bed' in Ikebukuro

damn it is dark up in dat biaatch. and my threads haven't smelt like ashtray this bad in a long while. The DJ is all the way in the back of the stage where they do live performances, kinda killing that DJ/crowd interaction. So much for the negative things about club 'Bed'. Well, it's called 'Bed'. Fuck a name tho.

It's about hiphop. Real fuckin' hiphop. DJs that mix dope beats in a proper manner. From Slum Village/Dilla joints to Das Efx. Alkaholiks. Biggie. Biggie. Big L. Show and AG. Biggie. My kinda thing. It's not some clean lookin' Roppongi style joint with that Vegas bottle service vibe. They deal with the real, and shut down the fakers.

I went there with ma girl Yoshiko AKA Yoppi-chan AKA Gori-chan. We had some gin tonics. I was the only western guy up in there, so random people start talking to you, peeps are really friendly in Japanland. So yeah, I found my club of choice; four outta five stars!

It was pretty crowded, the pics don't do the turn-out any justice, and darker than the inside of Darth Vader's helmet, but here's some snaps I made:









Geen opmerkingen: