woensdag 31 december 2008

Best wishes for 2009 from Japan!

I made it to Japan! I landed on Narita Airport at around 10 AM local time, and I went to this hotel near the airport to catch up on some sleep. As usual, I didn't get any sleep on the plane, which can be pretty frustrating sometimes. Oh well, luxury problems, and I got to see Tropical Thunder and new Indiana Jones on the plane. The last one really sucked monkey balls, like my boys from Southpark would say:'They raped Indy!!'. As soon as I got to the hotel, I took a shower and went out for something to eat, I was starved. I got a nice bowl of yaki soba; noodles, veggies and some meat in a big bowl of soup. I know catering-wise I am gonna be cool in Japan. The food over here is awesome! After that I hit the sack (no homo) and got in a good 6 hours.

It turned out that there was a huge temple near my hotel, called Narita zan, where people go to celebrate the new year, pay their respects to the ancestors and wish for prosperity for the new year. It was crowded as hell, friggin cold outside and I was pretty out of it due to the jetlag, but it was a cool experience. It's considered rude to take pictures within the premises of the temple, so I skipped that, but check out the pics of line and the temple from outside:

The line to the temple





The entrance to the temple. In Japanese years 2009 is Heisei 21:



Tomorrow I'm heading to Tokyo, and stay in a hotel for a couple of more days. I'm gonna hook up with some of my friends and get it movin'!!!

I would like to wish everybody an awesome new year!!!! Time to catch some zzzzzs, peace out!

Geen opmerkingen: