woensdag 7 januari 2009

Scratch sessions @ Vestax Headquarters

My man DJ KEN-ONE, who I met on Myspace to try and help him with gigs in Euroland, invited me to come and join the 1st Scratch Session on January 6th at PACO, which is at Vestax Headquarters in Tokyo.

Man, it was sooo fun. I'm not that nice on the cuts, but sessioning with these guys, 5 different set-ups hooked-up at the same time, it was my funnest day here so far. These dudes got skills! That session room had the complete Vestax history there displayed on a wall. I copped a nice set of blue Serato control vinyl as well! Afterwards, we went for some grub at Denny's! I gotta tell ya, Denny's over here is nothing like in the US, where I would only go after a night of heavy drinking.

They videod the whole thing, and I found this one on Youtube, I'm not in this one, but that don't really matter.









Then we went to Power DJs, a store in Shibuya, where KEN-ONE used to work. Really dope store! I met this dude DJ Shu-G, who invited me to come party this Saturday.



Thanks go out to all my new friends DJ LAN, DJ Shintaro, DJ Yone, DJ Hakane, DJ Shu-G and the other guys, who's name I don't remember now (sorry bout that)

3 opmerkingen:

Mitsuki of the Lowlands zei

Whoa!

DJ D-Rex zei

Dope!

Mirjam zei

Heya Hessel, leuk om je blog te lezen. Kwam er via de myspace van Jasper op terecht. Ik vind het echt superstoer dat je daar zit!
Hier alles pluis. Ik woon in Amsterdam, heb leuk werk als tentoonstellingscoördinator en vermaak me prima. Mijn afstudeerscriptie ging over Yayoi Kusama, vast wel bekend bij jou.
Nou, groetjes van Mirjam T.