I went to Shibuya again, cuz I heard its got some great record stores, and damn that's an understatement!
First I went to this little joint (forgot the name...), and I was really really impressed with what they were carryin'. Especially the hiphop selection was real dope:

Guess they don't really like Serato DJs over there tho haha:

Next up I went to RecoFan....damn this has to be the biggest recordstore I've ever been to. Massive collection of all genres, and even tho I hardly mess with vinyl anymore, I felt the money burning in my pockets. I did get some second-hand CDs, which I can rip easily for my Serato Scratch Life thingy. 9th Wonder's Dream Merchant 2, for 1100 yen, thats like 8 euros haha. And the 'Life and Dept' soundtrack, a movie about Jamaica's financial problems for 700 yen. Cheapo Cheapo! Cop that documentary by the way, if corporate power and globalization didn't make you sick to your stomach before, this one will:
Check out 'Life and Dept' here
anyways, check out the vinyl up in that bitch:


Then I went to Manhattan Records, really dope and clean lookin' store with all the latest club bangers on 12". I got 2 CDs tho, Ghostdeini the Great and 88 Keys - Death of Adam (I downloaded it before, but I don't really roll like that as a DJ....support the artists!!!)
Then 2 Japanese dudes walked in with somebody I've seen before, the man the myth, the legend Percee P! He was doin a couple of shows in Japan, and since I know his boy Creature from NYC really well (I DJ-ed on his Dutch tour last year) that broke the ice quite nicely. I'm stoked people are still feelin that real NYC hiphop and he's still able to tour the world! In true Percee P style, he sold me a CD. We exchanged math in case he needs some help around Japan. Imma cop his show this Thursday...hyped! Of course we took a pic. I know, I'm tryin to look real hard, throwin up the Scissor Gang Mafia sign!

This is my favorite track from his last album Perseverance, 2 Brothers from the Gutter feat. Diamond D. 'The handbag on your girl is not Prada!'
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten